Hello, dear friends! I hope you’re doing well and are in the mood for a sweet treat. Today, I want to share with you the recipe for a delightful cake that will make your taste buds dance with joy. This dessert has been the talk of the summer, capturing the hearts and palates of dessert lovers everywhere. Get ready to experience a creamy cake that simply melts in your mouth.
How to Make This Most Popular and Delicious Creamy Cake for Summer Dessert
- 5 eggs
- 150g (3/4 cup) sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 160g (1 cup) flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Baking pan 28x18cm
For cherry jam
- 800g (4 cups) cherries
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 25g (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 100g (1/2 cup) water
- 600g (2.5 cups) cream cheese
- 500g (2.5 cups) cream 33% fat
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
For jelly layer
- 400g sour cherries
- 300g (1.2 cup) water
- 1 packet of jelly cherry flavor (100g)
- To start this delectable journey, gather the following ingredients: 5 eggs, 150g (3/4 cup) of sugar, a pinch of salt, 160g (1 cup) of flour, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. Once you have everything ready, it’s time to embark on the baking adventure.
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them until they are frothy. Gradually add the sugar and a pinch of salt, continuing to whisk until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Now, it’s time to fold in the flour and baking powder, ensuring that everything is thoroughly combined.
- Prepare a 28x18cm baking pan by lining it with baking paper. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly. Preheat your oven to 180℃ (356℉) and bake the cake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, let’s move on to the tantalizing cherry topping. Take 800g (4 cups) of cherries and remove the pits. In a saucepan, combine the cherries, 100g (1/2 cup) of sugar, and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. In a separate bowl, dissolve 25g (2 tbsp) of cornstarch in 100g (1/2 cup) of water, ensuring there are no lumps. Gradually add the cornstarch mixture to the cherry mixture, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens. Once done, remove the saucepan from the heat and cover it with cling film, allowing the mixture to cool.
- Once the cake has finished baking, allow it to cool down completely. Once cooled, divide the cake into three equal parts horizontally. This will provide layers for our luscious cream cheese filling.
- To prepare the cream cheese filling, gather 600g (2.5 cups) of cream cheese, 500g (2.5 cups) of cream with 33% fat content, and 100g (1/2 cup) of sugar. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cream, and sugar, whisking until the mixture reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes to allow the filling to set slightly.
- Now it’s time to assemble our masterpiece. Take one layer of the cake and generously spread a layer of the cream cheese filling on top. Repeat this process for the second layer. Finally, place the third layer of cake on top and cover the entire cake with the remaining cream cheese filling. Smooth the surface with a spatula to create an even finish.
- To add a final touch of decadence, take 400g of sour cherries and 300g (1.2 cups) of water. Bring them to a boil in a saucepan. In a separate bowl, prepare a packet of cherry-flavored jelly (100g) according to the instructions on the packet. Gradually add the jelly mixture to the boiled sour cherries, stirring well. Allow the cherry jelly to cool slightly, and then pour it over the cake, ensuring an even distribution. Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow it to set.
- Finally, the time has come to indulge in this mouthwatering creation. With each bite, the creamy cake, luscious filling, and tangy cherries will transport you to dessert heaven. It’s a truly magical experience that will leave you yearning for more.