Indulge in the heavenly delight of the Best Ever Apple Crisp, boasting a luscious caramel filling and a delectable sugary crumble on top. Savor it while it’s warm, accompanied by a generous scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream, and experience a dessert that will leave you craving more!
There’s something incredibly comforting about a freshly baked apple crisp that evokes a sense of home. Throughout the years, we’ve created countless cherished memories tied to this scrumptious treat, enjoyed during holidays, family gatherings, birthdays, and any occasion that called for a crowd-pleasing dessert. Could it be the warm, gooey apples? Perhaps the irresistible cinnamon-sugary crisp topping? And let’s not forget the guaranteed delight of pairing it with a velvety scoop of vanilla ice cream. The answer is a resounding yes to all! So, without a doubt, whip up a batch of this divine dessert for your next get-together!
How to Determine the Quality of an Apple?
When you’re at the store, there are four simple ways to ensure you’re choosing the freshest and tastiest apples:
- Visual Inspection: Look out for any visible signs of damage such as bruises, wormholes, cuts, or brown spots.
- Color Check: Ensure that the color of the apple matches the variety you’re examining.
- Smell Test: Give the apple a gentle sniff to make sure it doesn’t have any rancid or unpleasant odors.
- Firmness Check: Press the apple lightly to check for any soft or squishy spots; a fresh apple should be firm all around.
Can You Reheat the Best Ever Apple Crisp?
Oh, the joy of warm apple crisp! To reheat this delightful dessert, simply transfer a portion onto a plate and pop it in the microwave. Warm it in 30-second intervals until it reaches your desired temperature. However, exercise caution, as the sauce can become hot and potentially cause burns if overheated.
Which Apples Are Ideal for Baking?
With countless apple varieties available, it can be daunting to choose the perfect ones for baking. Fortunately, there are several commonly sold apples that excel in baking recipes. If you prefer a tangy flavor, opt for green apples like Granny Smith—they add a delightful tartness to your creations. Other excellent options for baking include Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Braeburn, Jonathan, Fuji, and Pink Lady, which come in yellow and red hues. Remember to check the apples for freshness by ensuring they’re firm to the touch. If an apple feels squishy, exhibits bruises, or shows discoloration, it’s best to discard it.
Feel free to experiment with these apple varieties to create the most tantalizing baked goods, guaranteed to impress your taste buds and those lucky enough to savor your creations!
How to Make This Recipe
|PREP TIME: 15 minutes||COOK TIME: 45 minutes|
|TOTAL TIME: 1 hour||SERVINGS: 6 SERVINGS|
- 3 pounds granny smith apples peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup softened salted butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Topping for Serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9×9 pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and caramel topping until well combined. Transfer to prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- In another mixing bowl make the crisp topping. Use a fork to stir together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Use the fork to mash in the butter until you have a crumbly mixture. Stir in rolled oats.
- Spread crisp topping out into an even layer over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes until the apples are tender and crisp are lightly browned.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel topping.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 14.4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg