There’s nothing quite like a bowl of comforting Beef Stroganoff Soup to warm your heart. Picture this: tender chunks of beef mingling with mushrooms and noodles, all swimming in a deliciously rich and creamy beef broth. It’s the ultimate comfort food that hits all the right notes.
So, what exactly makes up this delightful Beef Stroganoff Soup? Well, it brings together all the elements we adore about comfort food, with a twist of classic beef stroganoff. You’ve got a flavorful broth that sets the stage, perfectly cooked noodles that add a comforting touch, and let’s not forget about the star of the show—tender beef, all smothered in a rich and savory gravy. It’s a medley of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
When it comes to the beef used in this recipe, chuck steak is the top choice. This cut of beef truly shines when it’s cooked low and slow, allowing its intense beefy flavors to fully develop. The end result is meat so tender that it practically melts in your mouth. But don’t worry if you don’t have chuck steak on hand; stewing beef works just as well.
Stewing beef often consists of various cuts from the end of the meat, similar to what you would use for beef stew. However, because of its composition, it may require a bit more time to become tender. If you find that your beef is still tough, fear not, it simply needs a little extra cooking time to reach that perfect level of tenderness.
So, whether you opt for chuck steak or stewing beef, this Beef Stroganoff Soup will satisfy your cravings for a hearty and comforting meal. Take your time, let the flavors develop, and enjoy every spoonful of this delightful dish.
How to Make This Tender Chunks of Beef Stroganoff Soup
|Prep Time: 20 minutes||Cook Time: 30 minutes|
|Total Time: 50 minutes||Servings: 4 bowls|
To make tender chunks of Beef Stroganoff Soup, follow these steps:
- 1 onion diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound stewing beef trimmed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms brown or white, sliced
- 6 cups beef broth low sodium
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 ½ cups egg noodles measured dry, cooked according to package directions
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in wine, broth, Worcestershire sauce, and beef and bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water. Whisk into boiling soup until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and parsley.
- Place egg noodles in the bottom of a bowl. Top with soup and serve.
Calories: 454 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 637mg | Potassium: 1250mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 702IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 3mg