I absolutely adore Bacon Wrapped Shrimp as a fantastic finger food option. It’s an incredible blend of sweet and savory flavors, thanks to the irresistible smoky brown sugar rub that perfectly complements the crispy bacon.
When it comes to appetizers that are both easy to make and delicious, my family always gravitates toward crowd-pleasers. Alongside this delightful bacon wrapped shrimp recipe, we also have a soft spot for easy-to-whip-up crab cakes, creamy spinach artichoke dip, and mouthwatering cheesy turkey sliders.
In our household, shrimp is a frequent star on our dinner table. We’re all huge fans, but my husband, in particular, has honed his skills when it comes to cooking shrimp. His specialty lies in creating a tantalizing garlic sauce that pairs exquisitely with crusty, warm bread. Recently, though, I decided to take the reins and surprise everyone with my own creation: Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. The dish turned out to be a massive hit, so much so that even my husband took a break from his beloved garlic shrimp to indulge in these delectable treats.
If you’re on the hunt for the ultimate finger food and happen to be a seafood and bacon enthusiast like me, look no further. This recipe is an absolute bomb. Each succulent shrimp is snugly wrapped in thick slices of bacon, generously coated with an incredible brown sugar glaze, and broiled to achieve crispy perfection. To enhance the experience, serve these delectable treats with your favorite dipping sauce, and remember to double the batch because they tend to disappear quickly!
Easy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
|Prep time: 20 min||Cook time: 15 min||Servings: 4 servings|
- 20 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 10 slices bacon cut in half
Brown sugar rub
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wrap shrimp with 1/2 slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (this will make cleaning easier), and place a baking rack onto it. Make sure you use a baking sheet that has at least 1/2 inch tall sides, otherwise, the bacon grease will leak.
- Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on the rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the Brown Sugar Rub ingredients and stir well until fully combined.
- Spoon the brown sugar mixture onto each shrimp, about 1 teaspoon per shrimp, and using the back of the spoon gently spread the mixture over the surface of the shrimp. I usually coat only the top of the shrimp.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crisp and shrimp are tender about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce
Calories: 536 kcal | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Protein: 13 g | Fat: 41 g | Saturated Fat: 8 g | Cholesterol: 111 mg | Sodium: 751 mg | Potassium: 192 mg | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 26 g | Vitamin A: 515 IU | Vitamin C: 1.8 mg | Calcium: 73 mg | Iron: 1.3 mg