This recipe is quick and easy with only 10 minutes of preparation. You can even prepare these the night before! They are perfect for feeding a large group and absolutely irresistible.
|Prep: 8 hours 15 minutes||Cook: 5 minutes|
|Total: 8 hours 20 minutes||Yield: 4 servings|
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook mushrooms just until tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, olive oil, vinegar, red onion, garlic, sugar, oregano, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours and up to 5 days.
- Serve at room temperature, garnished with parsley, if desired.