Welcome to my culinary realm, where I wield my trusty spatula and culinary prowess to create mouthwatering delights that tantalize the taste buds and ignite the senses. Today, I bring to you a dish that is destined to become your new obsession – Bang Bang Chicken! Prepare yourself for a culinary adventure like no other, as I guide you through the art of crafting this irresistible masterpiece.
Picture this: succulent chicken pieces, encased in a crunchy armor of buttermilk and Panko breadcrumbs, fried to a glorious golden perfection. As the crispiness gives way to tender meat, the flavors burst forth, dancing on your palate, beckoning you to indulge further. But that’s not all; this dish is elevated to heavenly heights with a delectable sweet chili mayo that provides the perfect balance of heat and sweetness.
Every bite of this Bang Bang Chicken is a revelation, an explosion of textures and flavors that will leave you craving more. The buttermilk marinade ensures that the chicken remains incredibly juicy, while the Panko breadcrumbs create an irresistible crunch that is simply irresistible. And when combined with the tangy sweetness of the chili mayo, it’s a match made in culinary heaven.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply treating yourself to a special meal, this recipe is guaranteed to impress. So, roll up your sleeves, don your chef’s hat, and prepare to embark on a culinary journey that will leave you longing for more. Get ready to experience the extraordinary – Bang Bang Chicken is here to steal the show and capture your heart. Get ready to fall head over heels for this crispy, flavorful creation that will have you coming back for seconds, thirds, and beyond!
Super Crispy Bang Bang Chicken Recipe
|Prep: 15 minutes||Cook: 15 minutes||Total: 30 minutes|
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (I used Frank’s)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Sriracha *)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into small)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Sriracha)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs **
- oil for frying
- To prepare the sauce, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready for serving.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. To the bowl add the hot sauce, egg, and buttermilk and whisk until you have a smooth batter. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter, and set aside.
- In another bowl add about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Add about 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet and heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed, and fry on both sides for about 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd the chicken, only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time, so the chicken turns out crispy.
- Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.
- * Sriracha sauce is a hot sauce made from red chili peppers, garlic, vinegar, salt, and sugar. The sauce is hot and tangy with a hint of sweetness.
- ** Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb traditionally used as a coating for deep-fried foods.
- You can use whichever hot sauce you like the best if you don’t want to use sweet chili sauce.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- You can store these in the freezer for up to 1 month if you’d like to prepare these in advance. Just batter the chicken then lay them on a baking sheet and freeze them, uncooked. Seal in an airtight container once hard and bake at 425 F degrees for 20 – 25 minutes from frozen when ready to eat.
- Baking instructions: Bake at 450F for 20-30 minutes, flipping the chicken after 15 minutes.
- This appetizer is okay to serve hot or cold.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Calories: 433kcal (22%) | Carbohydrates: 43g (14%) | Protein: 21g (42%) | Fat: 18g (28%) | Saturated Fat: 3g (19%) | Cholesterol: 87mg (29%) | Sodium: 741mg (32%) | Potassium: 406mg (12%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 13g (14%) | Vitamin A: 305IU (6%) | Vitamin C: 4.1mg (5%) | Calcium: 75mg (8%) | Iron: 1.9mg (11%)