Sri Lankan Deviled Chicken Recipe – I bet you didn’t know that deviled chicken is not just an American dish. Have you tried the mouth-watering Sri Lankan devilled chicken recipe? Trust me, it’s a game-changer! This dish boasts flavourful spices, tender chicken, and fresh veggies that come together in just one pan. And the best part? It’ll be on your dinner table within 20 minutes.
For this recipe, we use a combination of aromatic ingredients such as garlic, ginger, peppers, curry powder, turmeric, fresh lime juice, tomato sauce, oyster sauce, and soy sauce which will tantalize your taste buds like no other. One bite and you’ll be transported to the vibrant streets of Sri Lanka!
Now for the best part – serving suggestions. This delicious chicken dish pairs perfectly with either rice or noodles. So take your pick and dig in! Be sure to also check out Sherri Doyle’s exciting adventures in Sri Lanka to really get into the culinary spirit.
So why not give this easy Sri Lankan chicken stir-fry recipe a go? Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 15 minutes|
|Total Time: 25 minutes||Servings: 4|
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup broccolini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 sweet or hot chile pepper, chopped (banana pepper, Thai green chile, jalapeno, serrano, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
Here’s how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken, broccolini, and onion. Cook until vegetables are soft and chicken is almost cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato, chile pepper, curry powder, turmeric, and lime juice. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Cook for about 2 minutes more.