Welcome to my kitchen, where healthy meets delicious! Today, I want to share with you one of my all-time favorite recipes that never fails to satisfy my cravings while keeping me on track with my healthy eating goals – Paleo Chicken Curry.
If you’re new to the Paleo diet, let me fill you in. This way of eating focuses on whole, unprocessed foods that our ancestors would have consumed thousands of years ago. It’s a diet that’s high in protein, healthy fats, and fiber while low in carbohydrates, sugar, and processed foods.
Now, let’s talk about this amazing recipe. This Paleo Chicken Curry is loaded with flavor and packed with nutrient-dense ingredients. The tender chicken is cooked in a fragrant blend of spices, including turmeric, cumin, coriander, and paprika, which not only add depth of flavor but also offer anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
But the goodness doesn’t stop there. This recipe also calls for coconut milk, which provides healthy fats and makes the curry sauce rich and creamy, without the need for any dairy. And let’s not forget about the veggies! This dish is chock-full of colorful vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and zucchini, which add a satisfying crunch and a variety of vitamins and minerals to your plate.
This Paleo Chicken Curry recipe is a win-win for both your taste buds and your health. It’s easy to make, bursting with flavor, and loaded with wholesome ingredients that will nourish your body from the inside out. So, let’s get cooking and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal together!
How to Make Coconut Paleo Chicken Curry
When it comes to chicken curry, a plethora of seasonings are used to enhance its taste, and some of these seasonings may offer potential health benefits. For instance, turmeric is known to contain anti-inflammatory compounds that could help protect against the development of certain diseases (source).
If you’re on a weight-loss journey and looking for a healthy lunch option, a paleo-friendly chicken curry that’s served with cauliflower rice instead of white rice might be worth considering.
This particular chicken curry recipe is perfectly suited for the paleo diet, and it’s loaded with delicious spices and satiating ingredients such as coconut milk and various vegetables. So, if you’re looking to incorporate more wholesome meals into your diet, this recipe could be a great place to start.
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 35 minutes
TOTAL: 40 minutes
Ingredients of Coconut Paleo Chicken Curry
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Lbs Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tsp Yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Crushed tomatoes
- 1 Can Full-fat coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, minced
- Rice or cauliflower rice, for serving
Instructions for Making Coconut Paleo Chicken Curry
- Heat 1 tbsp of the coconut oil in a large, high-sided frying pan on medium/high heat. Add in the chicken thighs and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until seared and golden brown, then transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil and turn the heat to medium. Add the red pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and garam masala and cook until the veggies begin to soften about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, up to the cilantro, and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes then cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred it with two forks, then stir it back into the curry along with the cilantro.
- Serve with rice of choice and DEVOUR!