If you’re looking for a fresh and delicious salad that packs a punch of flavor, look no further than the Mediterranean Cobb salad. This salad is a unique twist on the classic Cobb salad, incorporating ingredients that are commonly found in Mediterranean cuisine.
The base of the salad is a bed of mixed greens, topped with crispy bacon, juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado, and tangy feta cheese. But what really sets this salad apart are the Mediterranean-inspired additions: salty kalamata olives, crisp cucumber slices, and sweet roasted red peppers. All of these ingredients are tied together with a zesty lemon vinaigrette, which adds the perfect amount of brightness and acidity to the dish.
Not only is the Mediterranean Cobb salad delicious but it’s also packed with nutrients. The mixed greens provide a variety of vitamins and minerals, while the avocado and feta cheese add healthy fats. The kalamata olives and roasted red peppers are also great sources of antioxidants.
Whether you’re looking for a refreshing lunch or a light dinner, the Mediterranean Cobb salad is a perfect choice. It’s easy to make, customizable to your tastes, and sure to impress your taste buds. Give it a try and discover your new favorite salad!
How to Make Mediterranean Cobb Salad
Cobb salads are known to consist of lettuce, bacon, eggs, avocados, and a creamy dressing, making them a satisfying and low-carb option for weight loss during lunchtime.
This particular rendition of the classic Cobb salad takes inspiration from Mediterranean cuisine, incorporating an abundance of vegetables and utilizing a homemade yogurt-based dressing instead of a mayonnaise-based dressing or store-bought ranch.
Moreover, the ingredients used in this salad offer numerous health benefits. For instance, eggs contain protein and antioxidants that are beneficial for promoting eye health, while avocados and tomatoes provide an array of heart-healthy nutrients such as unsaturated fats and lycopene.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
For the Salad:
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce, or torn romaine lettuce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (you can also use cherry tomatoes)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, and diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, thinly sliced
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk, or use lemon juice, olive oil, or water
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach and lettuce; top with crumbled bacon, diced eggs, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, and olives.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Taste the dressing and adjust accordingly.
- If you need to thin out the dressing, whisk in a bit more milk, lemon juice, or olive oil.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!
Calories: 211 kcal | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 96 mg | Sodium: 447 mg | Potassium: 387 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 1958 IU | Vitamin C: 10 mg | Calcium: 132 mg | Iron: 1 mg | Net Carbs: 4 g