Peach and semolina crostata with tiramisu whip is a traditional Italian dessert that has a perfect combination of sweet and creamy, making it a must-try for any dessert lover out there. The crostata itself is made with a simple yet delicious mixture of semolina flour and butter, resulting in a crumbly buttery crust that pairs perfectly with the juicy peaches and sweet filling.
But the real star of the show here is the tiramisu whip. Made with mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and espresso powder, this whipped topping gives the crostata an irresistible coffee flavor while adding a light and fluffy texture to each bite.
To make this dessert even more special, feel free to add your own personal touch by swapping out the peaches for another fruit or adding some extra spices to the filling. And don’t forget to serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top for the ultimate finishing touch.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and get ready to impress your friends and family with this delectable peach and semolina crostata with tiramisu whip. Buon appetito!
How to Make Peach and Semolina Crostata with Tiramisu Whip
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cook time: 45 minutes||Servings: 8 people|
- Traeger Grill
- 1 1/2 cups semolina flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cold and cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 5 fresh peaches halved and pitted, sliced into 1/2” thick slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar for topping
- 2 tbsp peach jam optional for topping
- 1 cup heavy cream cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1 tbsp Traeger Smoked Simple Syrup
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the semolina flour, sugar, salt, and butter, and pulse a few times.
- Drizzle in the ice water, and continue to pulse until the mixture looks like sand.
- Pour the crumbly dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and press it into a round disc shape.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Place the sliced peaches in a bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, and let sit while you roll out the dough and preheat the grill.
Peach and Semolina Crostata
- Preheat the grill to 425F.
- Roll out the semolina dough into a large round, about 1/8” thick.
- Place the dough onto a parchment-lined (grill-safe) baking sheet.
- Arrange the peaches around the center of the dough leaving about 2” around the outside.
- Fold over the edges of the dough onto the peaches and crimp with your fingers, making sure the edges are sealed.
- Top the peaches with any additional juices from the bowl.
- Sprinkle the crostata with turbinado sugar.
- Bake the crostata on the sheet pan on the grill for about 45 minutes at 425F, until the crust is lightly golden, cooked through and the juices are bubbling.
- Allow to cool slightly and optionally brush with peach jam for a shiny appearance.
- Serve warm or room temperature, with Tiramisu Whip.
- In a cold bowl, whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer or whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add in the powdered sugar and continue to whip until soft peaks have formed.
- Add in the mascarpone and whip until stiff peaks have formed.
- Add in the Traeger Smoked Simple Syrup and mix until just combined.
- Adjust sweetness as desired.