I used to fry fish all the time, but not anymore! I have discovered a fantastic fish recipe that was taught to me by my Turkish friends. This recipe involves baking the fish in the oven, and let me tell you, it is absolutely delicious. I have never tasted fish this good before, and I’m excited to share this recipe with you.
To make this mouthwatering dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 fish (mackerel)
- 6 large potatoes
- 1.5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- Dry garlic
- 100 grams of butter
- 70-80 grams of hard cheese, grated
- Now, let’s dive into the cooking process. Start by preparing the fish. Cut off the fins, head, tail, and spine bones. Carefully remove the bones from the fish. Repeat this process with the second fish. Season both fish with salt and pepper. Make cuts with a knife on the surface of the fish as shown in the video demonstration. Place the seasoned fish on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Next, it’s time to prepare the sauce for the fish. In a bowl, mix together the tomato paste, soy sauce, lemon juice, chopped garlic, and vegetable oil. Once well combined, generously brush the surface of the fish with the prepared sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/365°F and bake the fish for 20-25 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the fish from the oven and set it aside.
- While the fish is baking, let’s prepare the potatoes. Peel and cut the potatoes into your preferred shape, as demonstrated in the video. Place them on a separate baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and dry garlic. Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter them over the potatoes. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are golden and crispy, sprinkle the grated hard cheese on top and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Finally, garnish the fish and potatoes with freshly chopped parsley. The dish is now ready to be served!
I am confident that you will be amazed by the incredible flavors of this Turkish-inspired fish recipe. The combination of the tender, seasoned fish and the crispy, cheesy potatoes creates a delightful harmony of tastes and textures. It’s a simple yet impressive dish that will surely satisfy your taste buds.
I hope you enjoy cooking this recipe as much as I do. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below. Happy cooking, and bon appétit!