For those seeking a touch of warmth and earthiness in their steak sauce, look no further than the creamy whisky sauce. With its thick, gravy-like consistency and flavors of whisky, beef, and mustard, this sauce is a real winner. And don’t worry if you find it too thick – simply add a bit of warm water to achieve your desired consistency.
- 4 tablespoon Whisky
- 1 tablespoon Wholegrain Mustard
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 1 Beef Stock Cube crumbled OXO (you may not need the whole one),
- Pepper & Salt
- warm water to add for desired thickness
- Add whisky to a pan and put on low heat.
- Set the whisky alight using a kitchen blow torch or a long match. BEWARE of the flames! This will reduce alcohol without changing the flavour. Leave until the flame goes out by itself.
- Add the double cream, and make sure to keep the heat low, you do not want to heat it too quickly, or it will split.
- Add wholegrain mustard, stir through well, and keep on stirring over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in stock a cube a bit at a time. If you want the sauce runnier do not add the whole cube in. Use a whisk to combine until dissolved.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- The sauce is ready when you are happy with the consistency. Do not leave it to simmer any longer, cover until ready to use.
- If it is sat too long it will begin to thicken up more and get cold. Simply reheat on low adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time and stir through before adding more to prevent curdling.
- Pour over your favorite meat, chicken, vegetables, or in pasta.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg