Hey there, fellow food lovers! As a passionate food blogger who is concerned about food nutrition and veggie enthusiast, I’m here to tantalize your taste buds with a sensational recipe that will surely leave you craving for more. Picture this: juicy, succulent peaches grilled to perfection, bursting with irresistible flavors. But that’s not all! In this delectable creation, we’re taking those heavenly grilled peaches and pairing them with the creamy richness of goat cheese and the delicate saltiness of Prosciutto. Oh, the harmony on your plate! Now, I understand that not everyone embraces meat in their diet, so fear not, my vegetarian friends. I’ve got you covered too! With just a simple tweak, we can create a version of this salad that is completely meat-free. So, whether you’re an omnivore or a herbivore, get ready to dive into this quick and easy salad that exemplifies the perfect balance of sweet, savory, and tangy flavors. Let’s get started, shall we?
Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Salad Recipe
Grilled peaches are amazingly delicious and are complemented in this quick and easy salad by the savoriness of goat cheese and Prosciutto. For a vegetarian version, simply skip the Prosciutto.
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 4 cups mixed greens, packed
- 1/2 pound thin sliced Prosciutto (or thinly sliced ham)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled (or pine nuts)
- 1 clove shallot, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1 tab
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the shallot, garlic, mustard, orange juice and zest, honey, and red wine vinegar. Blend until smooth. With the blender on low speed, slowly add the olive oil until it is incorporated into the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly brush the peach slices with a little of the prepared dressing. Grill peaches on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- On four dinner plates, arrange 1 cup of greens on each plate. Place 2 ounces of prosciutto or ham decoratively around each plate along with 4 slices of grilled peaches. Sprinkle each salad with 1 tablespoon of pistachios or pine nuts and 1 ounce of goat cheese crumbles. Drizzle each salad with about 2 tablespoons of the remaining dressing.
349 calories, 18 g. fat, 40 mg. cholesterol, 1689 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 8 g. fiber, 7 g. protein