Do you love steak but want to try something new? Look no further than garlic balsamic brown sugar steaks! This flavorful and unique recipe is perfect for those who want to add some excitement to their traditional steak dinners. In this blog post, we’ll be sharing all the details you need to know to make this delicious dish.
First, let’s talk about the ingredients. As the name suggests, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar are the stars of the show. These ingredients come together to create a sweet and savory marinade that will take your steak to the next level. You’ll also need some olive oil, salt, and pepper to round out the flavors.
Next, let’s talk about the cooking process. To make these steaks, you’ll first need to marinate them for at least 30 minutes. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat and make it extra tasty. Then, you’ll sear the steaks in a hot pan until they’re cooked to your liking. The result is a juicy and flavorful steak that’s sure to impress.
Finally, let’s talk about serving suggestions. These garlic balsamic brown sugar steaks pair well with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a crisp salad. They’re also perfect for a special occasion, such as a romantic dinner or a dinner party with friends.
So there you have it – all the details you need to know to make garlic balsamic brown sugar steaks. Give this recipe a try and impress your taste buds (and your guests) with this delicious and unique dish!
Ingredients of Garlic Balsamic Brown Sugar Steaks
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 1 Tbl. salad oil such as canola
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar (*aged will be sweeter)
- 2 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/8 tsp. cajun seasoning such as Slap Ya Mama
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- two thick-cut New York Strip steaks, (beef tenderloins or other tender cuts would work well, too)
Instructions for Making a Perfect Garlic Balsamic Brown Sugar Steaks
- In a small sauté pan, melt butter and oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat, add rest of ingredients, and stir until brown sugar has melted. Let cool completely.
- Pour into a ziplock baggie. Close the baggie and chill. Add steaks and squish around so that the marinade sauce is coating well on both sides. Seal the baggie closed well, remove air from the bag, and pop into the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight making sure steaks are not stacked. Turn the bag now and then to evenly marinate steaks.
- For rare to medium-rare steaks, heat grill to HIGH, place steaks onto HOT, oiled grates, and grill each side for 4 – 6 minutes depending on the thickness of steaks with lid OPEN. (*Ours was barely one inch thick and medium-rare after just 5 minutes. So watch carefully).
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting to let the juices settle.
- Really nice served with a simple baked potato, grilled asparagus, and a tossed garden salad with one of my homemade salad dressings! Enjoy!
Garlic Balsamic Brown Sugar Steaks Recipe’s Notes
*If you want, you can bring the leftover marinade to a simmer, and thicken it until a rich syrupy sauce for dipping, and serve with the steaks on the side or drizzle over the top. REALLY good!!