This Easy Traeger Smoked Chicken Breast recipe is prepared using boneless breasts, a marinade, dry rub, or whatever you like. This chicken can be made with any smoker or pellet grill using the perfect temperature.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes||Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes|
|Total Time: 2 hours||Servings: 4 servings|
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce Omit the soy sauce for dry rub only chicken.
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you plan to marinate the chicken, combine the chicken, soy sauce, and spices in a bowl or plastic bag. Cover and marinate in the fridge 30 minutes to overnight.
- If you plan to make dry rub chicken, coat both sides of the chicken breasts in spices. Ensure the chicken is fully coated and add additional spice as necessary. If you have trouble getting the spices to stick, use olive oil.
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees.
- Add the chicken breasts. Smoke until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This can take 1-2 hours. Use a probe or meat thermometer to test the internal temperature. Insert the meat thermometer or probe into the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- Pay attention to the size of the chicken breasts you use. Smaller chicken breasts will cook faster so you may have to remove those from the smoker sooner than others.
- You can use just about any wood pellets for chicken including the Traeger Signature blend, apple, cherry, hickory, mesquite, or pecan.
- You can use any chicken rub or spice blend for this recipe.
- You can baste the chicken after it has been smoked for an hour with additional soy sauce or even olive oil. This will help keep the chicken moist and is optional.
- Try not to open the smoker several times during the smoking process. This will alter the temperature and your food will take longer to cook.