When it comes to a creamy pepper sauce, it doesn’t get much better than this. Thin, yet delightfully smooth, it boasts a ton of peppery goodness. With hints of garlic, onion, and a touch of zest from the lemon juice, this sauce is a versatile companion that can enhance any dish. But there’s something special about pairing it with a juicy, smoky grilled steak.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 cups whipping/heavy cream
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then add the onion and saute until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds before adding the pepper and herbs.
- Gently toast the pepper until fragrant then pour in the cream.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and allow to simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened to your preference.