Are you craving a warm and comforting meal that’s easy to make? Look no further than this delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe! This soup is the perfect way to enjoy all the classic flavors of a chicken pot pie but in a hearty and savory soup form.
The best part about this recipe is how simple it is to make. With just a few basic ingredients and some easy steps, you can have a steaming bowl of soup ready in no time. It’s a great option for a cozy weeknight dinner or a quick lunch.
One of the key ingredients in this soup is rotisserie chicken, which adds a ton of flavor and makes the recipe even easier to make. Plus, the creamy and flavorful broth is thickened with a little bit of flour and milk, giving it that signature pot pie consistency.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy meal that will warm you up from the inside out, look no further than this Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe. It’s sure to become a new favorite in your meal rotation.
How to Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS OF CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP RECIPE
- 1 Tbsp. of butter
- 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ Tbsp. dried parsley
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken breast (cooked and cut into cubes)
- 2 Tbsp. flour (add 1 tablespoon if necessary)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 packages of Puff pastry (you can buy it in the supermarket’s freezer section)
- 1 piece Egg (for egg wash)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP RECIPE
- In a medium-sized pot, melt butter over medium heat, and add carrots, onions, celery, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until onions are translucent. Add potatoes, garlic powder, thyme, dried parsley, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, add the cooked and cubed chicken breast, and bring it back to a boil. In a small mixing bowl, add the flour and a few ladles of chicken stock.
- Whisk until the flour is incorporated then add to the pot. Stir until the chicken pot pie filling has thickened. Add the frozen peas, and set aside.
Prepare the Puff Pastry:
- Take the puff pastry, and cut out four circles. Take two of those circles (these will be your top layers) and cut out a smaller circle inside, keeping everything intact.
- Egg wash the bottom two circles, place a top circle on each bottom circle, and egg wash the entire thing.
- Bake at 400°F/205°C for 20-25 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Take the puff pastry shell, use a knife to remove the top, fill it with the chicken pot pie filling, and put the top back on.
CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP RECIPE’S NOTES
1.) One package of puff pastry yields 2 puff pies. I used 2 packages of puff pastry here which yields 4 pies. You can purchase the puff pastry at the supermarket’s freezer section.
NUTRITION INFORMATION ON CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP RECIPE
Calories: 1610kcal | Carbohydrates: 135g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 100g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1691mg | Potassium: 989mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5577IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 8mg