I never thought that the dry ranch dressing mix would make the best chicken strips ever. Maybe it’s not just the ranch but the combination of dry ranch dressing mix, parmesan cheese, and a few seasonings. No matter the reason, these were the best chicken strips I have had in a while. The best part about this recipe is it requires few ingredients and is so easy to prepare. The chicken strips are rolled in a dry ranch dressing, parmesan cheese, and crushed cornflake mixture. They are either then baked or deep-fried. These go great for parties or just for dinner. Enjoy.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
- 1 cup cornflakes (crushed)
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package of hidden valley dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish. In a shallow dish combine crushed cornflakes, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, and dry ranch dressing mix. In a small bowl beat together eggs and milk.
- Dip each chicken strip into the egg/milk mixture and then roll in the crushed cornflakes/ranch dressing mixture. Repeat until all chicken strips are well coated.
- Place onto a greased baking sheet and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). You can also deep fry these. If deep frying the time will be less.