Pie is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for centuries. Whether it’s a rich and creamy custard or a flaky fruit-filled pastry, there’s a pie for everyone. One of the most indulgent and decadent variations of pie is the Double Chocolate Pecan Pie. This mouth-watering dessert combines the rich, chocolatey flavor with the crunchy texture of pecans, creating a truly irresistible treat. In this blog post, we will dive into the history of this dessert, explore the recipe, and share some tips on how to make the best Double Chocolate Pecan Pie that will leave your taste buds begging for more. So let’s get started!
How to Make Double Chocolate Pecan Pie
Double chocolate pecan pie: take your pecan pie to the next level, with a chocolate crust and sweet, sticky chocolate pecan filling. Your guests will swoon!
|Servings: 10 (ONE 9-INCH DIAMETER PIE)||Prep time: 20 MINS|
|Cook time: 35 MINS||Total time: 55 MINS|
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 3 eggs, (large)
- 1/2 cup (110 g) dark brown sugar,, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup (78.86 ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (78.86 ml) real maple syrup
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) bittersweet chocolate,, melted
- 4 tablespoons (59.15 g) unsalted butter,, melted
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups (163.5 g) pecan pieces
- 1 batch (1/2 batch) chocolate pie crust, (1/2 batch regular pie crust can be substituted), prepared & chilled
- pecan halves, for garnish
Instructions for Making Perfect Double Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs and brown sugar together, in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the honey, maple syrup, melted chocolate, melted butter, bourbon (if using), vanilla, and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the pecan pieces, and transfer to the prepared pie shell.
- Place pecan halves around the edge, to garnish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set around the edges and just a little jiggly towards the center.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Information on Double Chocolate Pecan Pie
Serving: 1slice | calories: 476kcal | carbohydrates: 49g | protein: 5g | fat: 29g | saturated fat: 10g | cholesterol: 74mg | sodium: 375mg | potassium: 240mg | fiber: 3g | sugar: 33g | vitamin a: 366iu | vitamin c: 1mg | calcium: 54mg | iron: 2mg