Crock pot pepper jack chicken recipe is perfect for those who are always on the go but still want to enjoy a delicious, home-cooked meal.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. You simply throw all the ingredients into a crock pot, set it, and forget it! The result is a tender and juicy chicken that’s infused with the spicy and cheesy flavor of pepper jack cheese. It’s a dish that’s sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your family and friends.
But don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you – it’s packed with flavor and nutrition. Chicken is an excellent source of protein, while pepper jack cheese adds a little kick and a good dose of calcium.
So, whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a dish to serve at your next gathering, Crock Pot Pepper Jack Chicken is a must-try recipe. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
How to Make Crock Pot Pepper Jack Chicken
Cuisine: Low Carb
Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
INGREDIENTS OF CROCK POT PEPPER JACK CHICKEN
- 3.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz frozen whole green beans
- 1 bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 10 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CROCK POT PEPPER JACK CHICKEN
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker and season with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Layer frozen green beans, then mushrooms and peppers.
- Season again with salt and pepper, top with butter and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is shreddable when stirred.
- Stir chicken until shredded and then top with cheese on cook on high until the cheese melts.
CROCK POT PEPPER JACK CHICKEN RECIPE’S NOTES
- We used our 6 quart Ninja to cook up this dish, but you can use any 6 quart slow cooker.
- We now have an Instant Pot version of this recipe too: Instant Pot Pepper Jack Chicken
- The whole frozen green beans may seem like an odd addition, but trust me it is so yummy. We always use whole frozen beans. Fresh beans would likely turn out more crisp and canned would give it an entirely different texture.
- You can use a different cheese than pepper jack, but then the dish won’t be pepper jack chicken ;).
- You can use chicken breasts instead of boneless skinless thighs, but the cooking time will likely be less than the thighs. Watch closely so you don’t dry out the chicken breasts.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
NUTRITION INFORMATION ON CROCK POT PEPPER JACK CHICKEN
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 65g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 436mg | Potassium: 1166mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1550IU | Vitamin C: 31.8mg | Calcium: 385mg | Iron: 2.8mg