Indulging in a rich, comforting dish is like taking a culinary journey to a realm of pure bliss. Coq Au Vin Blanc, a French classic, offers precisely that experience. This delectable creation tantalizes the taste buds with tender chicken, earthy cremini mushrooms, and a luscious white wine-infused sauce, finished off with a splash of cream for a touch of decadence.
Coq Au Vin Blanc, often referred to as “Chicken in White Wine,” is a delightful twist on the traditional Coq Au Vin, which is typically prepared with red wine. In this variant, the lighter, fruity flavors of white wine take center stage, resulting in a dish that is delicate yet incredibly flavorful.
The succulent chicken, lovingly braised in white wine, absorbs the aromatic essence of the ingredients, creating a mouthwatering symphony of flavors. The addition of cremini mushrooms adds earthiness and depth, while the touch of cream lends a luxurious silkiness to the sauce, perfectly complementing the tender chicken.
Join us on a gastronomic adventure as we delve into the art of preparing Coq Au Vin Blanc, unlocking the secrets to achieving a dish that will elevate your culinary repertoire to new heights. Get ready to savor every bite of this French masterpiece that exudes elegance, warmth, and pure culinary delight.
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 55minutes||Total time: 1 hour|
|Cuisine: French||Servings: 6||Calories: 506 kcal|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4-5 strips of bacon/pancetta chopped
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 8 chicken pieces on the bone thighs and legs
- 250 g Cremini mushrooms whole or halved
- 500 ml/2/3 of a bottle of dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc
- 250 ml/1 cup double/whipping cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful flat leaf chopped parsley
- Cook bacon or pancetta in a tablespoon of olive oil. Skip oil if bacon is too fatty. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces and brown them in bacon fat over medium-high heat. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook chopped onion over low heat for 5-7 minutes, add garlic when the onion is tender and translucent, and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove cooked onion and garlic to the same plate as chicken and bacon.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and brown them for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Return chicken, onion, garlic, and bacon to the pan, pour wine all over, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and crusty bread to mop up all that amazing sauce.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 568mg | Potassium: 511mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 740IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.3mg