Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe Hack Using Simple Ingredients – As our lives become increasingly busy, finding clever shortcuts and affordable alternatives in the kitchen has never been more important. Thankfully, Instagram baker Cakeontherun has shared a genius recipe that uses just a cake mix and a fizzy drink to create a mouth-watering bread.
Gone are the days of adding eggs, butter, and oil to pre-made cake mix – all you need is a bottle of sparkling water or cola! Not only is this a cheaper option, but it also saves time and effort too. The carbonation in the fizzy drink actually acts as a raising agent, helping the cake to rise beautifully in the oven. Adding a couple of bananas to the bottom of the tin will transform your plain cake mix into delectable banana bread.
The original recipe used a chocolate cake mix, but vanilla would be an equally delicious choice. Serve it warm from the oven on its own or slather it with buttercream for a decadent dessert.
Chocolate banana bread recipe (serves 8)
- A packet of chocolate cake mix
- 250ml fizzy drink such as cola
- 2 bananas
- Optional extra – chocolate buttercream to fill
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Empty the cake mix into a large bowl.
- Pour in your fizzy drink and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Line two baking tins with parchment/ greaseproof paper.
- Slice the bananas thinly and lay on the bottom of the tins then pour the cake mixture over.
- Oven bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked in the middle.
- Cut into slices and enjoy warm, or leave to cool and sandwich with chocolate buttercream.