Are you tired of the same old boring chicken recipes for dinner? Do you want to spice up your mealtime routine with something that will make your taste buds dance with joy? Look no further than my latest creation: Chipotle-Maple Chicken Thighs with Candied Acorn Squash.
This dish combines the smoky heat of chipotle peppers with the sweet and savory flavors of maple syrup and candied acorn squash. The chicken thighs are first marinated in a delicious blend of spices and seasonings, then grilled to perfection, resulting in juicy and tender meat with a crispy skin. The candied acorn squash adds a delightful sweetness to the dish, balancing out the heat from the chipotle peppers.
But don’t let the complexity of the flavors fool you – this dish is surprisingly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can have a restaurant-quality meal on your table in no time.
Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or entertaining guests, Chipotle-Maple Chicken Thighs with Candied Acorn Squash is sure to impress. So why not take your taste buds on a journey with this delicious and flavorful dish?
|Active Time: 15 mins||Bake Time: 25 mins||Total Time: 45 mins||Servings: 4|
Ingredients of Chipotle-Maple Chicken Thighs with Candied Acorn Squash
- 1 medium acorn squash, seeded, cut into 1-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons chipotle chile powder, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 8 (6-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from 1 [7-oz.] can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils (optional)
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Directions for Making Perfect Chipotle-Maple Chicken Thighs with Candied Acorn Squash
- Preheat oven to 450°F with oven rack about 9 inches from the heating element.
- Toss together acorn squash, 1½ tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, ¾ teaspoon of the chile powder, and ½ teaspoon each of the black pepper and cumin on a large-rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Arrange in a single layer. Rub chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1½ teaspoons of salt, ½ teaspoon of the black pepper, remaining ¾ teaspoon of chile powder, and ½ teaspoon of cumin; nestle on a baking sheet with squash in one layer. Bake in preheated oven until squash is tender and a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of chicken registers 165°F, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together adobo sauce, vinegar, dry mustard, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH until slightly thickened, about 1½ minutes. Set aside.
- When chicken and squash are finished baking, increase oven temperature to broil and remove baking sheet from oven. Brush the top of the squash with the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Brush the skin of the chicken generously with the adobo mixture. Return to the preheated oven. Broil until chicken and squash are glazed and beginning to char in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate arils (if using), and garnish with cilantro.