Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes Cream Sauce is a dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. The juicy and tender chicken is smothered in a creamy, tangy, and flavorful sauce made with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and heavy cream. This dish is perfect for a romantic dinner, a family meal, or even a dinner party.
The sun-dried tomatoes add a unique sweetness to the sauce and perfectly complement the savory flavor of the chicken. The cream sauce is also incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, such as pasta, fish, and even vegetables. It’s a simple yet impressive recipe that will leave everyone at the table satisfied and wanting more. So, let’s get cooking!
How to Make Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes Cream Sauce
Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes cream sauce is made with pan-seared golden brown chicken breast smothered in a rich sun-dried tomato cream sauce with artichoke hearts.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 22 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
To make this chicken with sun dried tomatoes cream sauce, you’ll need the following types of equipment and Ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoon butter, divided
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned *see notes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (14-ounces) can artichoke hearts halves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Pound the chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness to allow even cooking. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet, heat up the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the entire skillet.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, leaving about an inch in between each piece. Don’t overcrowd the skillet to allow the chicken to cook evenly and get a golden brown sear. If needed, sear the chicken in batches adding extra oil as needed.
- Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover, and keep warm.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and lower the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the sundried tomatoes and tomato paste and cook stirring often for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the skillet to release the brown bits. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and the cream and bring to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to low and return the chicken and any collected juices to the skillet. Simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve garnished with chopped basil or parsley (optional).
Tips to Make Perfect Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes Cream Sauce
- Marinated artichokes or artichokes packed in oil can make the sauce greasy and oily. For best results, use artichokes packed in water (or frozen ones).
- If using sun dried tomatoes in oil, drain the sun dried tomatoes very well. Too much oil can make the sauce greasy.
- According to the FDA, the chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees before consumption.
Calories: 353kcal (18%) | Carbohydrates: 6g (2%) | Protein: 26g (52%) | Fat: 24g (37%) | Saturated Fat: 12g (75%) | Cholesterol: 137mg (46%) | Sodium: 260mg (11%) | Potassium: 715mg (20%) | Sugar: 3g (3%) | Vitamin A: 820IU (16%) | Vitamin C: 4.7mg (6%) | Calcium: 41mg (4%) | Iron: 1.1mg (6%)