Cherry balsamic pork tenderloin is an absolutely delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion! This mouth-watering dish combines the tangy sweetness of cherries with the rich, savory taste of balsamic vinegar to create a unique and unforgettable flavor profile. Pork tenderloin is the perfect cut of meat for this recipe, as it is incredibly tender and absorbs flavors beautifully. Whether you are a seasoned chef or a beginner cook, this recipe is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. So, grab your apron, and let’s get cooking!
How to Make Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
Grill or roast a pork tenderloin to juicy perfection with a sweet and tangy cherry balsamic marinade. Not only will it provide an amazing flavor to your meal, but it will also double as a delicious sauce.
Course: Dinner, Main Course
Cuisine: American, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Marinating/Resting Time (Inactive): 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 servings
Ingredients of Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- 1 ½ cups cherries, fresh or frozen then thawed, halved, and pitted
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each
Instructions for Making a Perfect Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- Combine all ingredients except pork in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend the mixture until smooth and pureed, about 45 seconds.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups. Reserve ½ cup of marinade for basting and another ½ cup to pass separately when serving.
- Trim pork tenderloins of any excess fat or silver skin. Place pork in a resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the remaining ½ cup of marinade over the tenderloins. Seal the bag and make sure all the meat is coated.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or chill for up to 48 hours. Remove pork from the refrigerator 30-45 minutes before grilling or roasting.
- Prepare grill* on medium-high heat.
- Remove the tenderloins from the bag and place in the center of the grill. Discard bag with marinade.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, turning every 4-5 minutes, until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 140-145 degrees F using an instant-read thermometer.
- Let pork rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved marinade. Enjoy!
Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe’s Notes
Roast the tenderloins on a large, rimmed baking sheet in a 425-degree F oven for about 20 minutes until an instant-read thermometer shows an internal temperature of 140-145 degrees. Let meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Information on Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 419mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg