If you’re someone who’s looking to indulge in a sweet treat that’s both healthy and delicious, then you’re in the right place! Today, we’re going to talk about one of my all-time favorite vegan desserts – the Vegan Lemon Cake!
Now, you might be wondering how a cake can be vegan and still taste amazing without any eggs, milk, or butter. Well, let me tell you, it’s absolutely possible! In fact, this lemon cake is not only vegan but also gluten-free, making it a perfect dessert for everyone with dietary restrictions.
What I love about this recipe is how light and fluffy the cake turns out, and the refreshing zing of lemon that just explodes in your mouth with every bite. Whether you’re a vegan or not, you’re going to love this cake, and your friends and family won’t even know that it’s egg-free, milk-free, and butter-free!
So, without further ado, let’s dive into this amazing vegan lemon cake recipe and learn how to make it in just a few easy steps. Get your aprons on and let’s get baking!
How to Make Vegan Lemon Cake Without Eggs, Milk, Or Butter
This vegan lemon cake recipe is easy-to-make and perfectly moist and fluffy! It has no eggs, butter, or milk whatsoever.
|SERVINGS: 9||PREP: 5 mins|
|COOK: 25 mins||TOTAL: 30 mins|
- Mixing bowl
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar * See notes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 tablespoon oil vegetable, canola, safflower, etc.
- 3/4 cup water ** See notes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract can use vanilla extract
- 8 ounces of vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Once mixed, add your vinegar, oil, water, lemon juice, and lemon extract and mix well.
- Transfer your lemon cake batter to the square pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely. Once cool, frost if desired.
- To make the frosting, beat together the vegan cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and lemon juice until smooth. Slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar until fluffy.
- * Any sugar works. If you use coconut sugar or brown sugar, your cake will be darker.
- ** For a more pronounced lemon flavor, replace more of the water with lemon.
- TO STORE: Leftover cake will keep well at room temperature, covered, for up to three days. If you want to keep it longer, store the cake in the refrigerator.
- TO FREEZE: Place slices of the cake in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1 Slice | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 10g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 19g |