If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor, look no further than air fryer teriyaki chicken! This dish is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want something delicious without spending hours in the kitchen. Using an air fryer to cook your chicken helps to keep it juicy and tender while also giving it a crispy exterior that’s perfect for soaking up all that sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. Plus, it’s a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken. Serve it up with some steamed veggies and rice for a complete and satisfying meal. Give this recipe a try and taste for yourself just how delicious air fryer teriyaki chicken can be!
How To Make Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
Delicious Teriyaki Chicken made in the air fryer with a homemade teriyaki sauce that blows store-bought sauces out of the water! Follow this simple Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken recipe to make an easy, flavorful, and healthier version of one of your favorite foods!
|Course: Dinner, Entree||Cuisine: American||PrepTime: 10minutes|
|CookTime: 20minutes||Servings: 4||Calories: 486kcal|
Ingredients of Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
For the Chicken
- 1 pound chicken boneless skinless breast or thighs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup soy sauce use low sodium
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- sesame seeds, sliced green onions optional
Instructions for Making a Perfect Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
For the Chicken
- Cut chicken into small cubes. Remove excess moisture from them by patting them down with a paper towel until the chicken feels dry to the touch.
- Place the cornstarch and panko breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix them together. Set aside.
- Beat eggs together in a small bowl. Dip chicken into the eggs and then drop into panko mixture making sure to coat the chicken on all sides.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Spray the air fryer insert with a nonstick cooking spray and carefully place your chicken into the air fryer. Do not overcrowd the insert. You may need to do this in batches.
- Spray the air fryer insert with nonstick spray and add the chicken, making sure to not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook for 15 to 18 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through cooking. When the chicken is done, remove it from the air fryer and set the chicken on a metal rack for several minutes before you toss them in the teriyaki sauce (see below).
For the Sauce
- Add all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients into a medium saucepan and whisk over medium heat until the mixture is brought to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the sauce simmer until it has thickened about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool slightly about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and pour the sauce over the chicken, toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onions and additional sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition Information on Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 1792mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg