Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that’s both filling and nutritious? Look no further than ground beef stuffed pepper skillet! This dish is everything you could want in a hearty, satisfying meal – tender seasoned ground beef, colorful bell peppers, and gooey melted cheese all cooked together in a single skillet. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s also packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Whether you’re cooking for your family or meal prepping for the week ahead, ground beef stuffed pepper skillet is a must-try dish that’s sure to become a new favorite.
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 23 minutes||Total Time: 28 minutes||Servings: 6|
Ingredients Needed to Make This Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cups white rice, I use Jasmine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until the ground beef is fully cooked, crumbled, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any fat. Place the skillet back on the heat and add in the bell peppers, diced tomatoes, rice, beef broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook for about 18 minutes, until rice is cooked through.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and top with the shredded cheese. Cover again and let the cheese melt over low heat. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
This recipe works best with uncooked long-grain white rice. I prefer to use Jasmine rice.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 766mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1423IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 3mg