Experience the exotic flavors of Thailand with a wholesome twist in this Paleo, Whole30, and Keto-friendly Thai Shrimp Soup. Bursting with aromatic herbs, zesty spices, and succulent shrimp, this soup is a perfect balance of comfort and health.
Thai cuisine is renowned for its vibrant and bold flavors, and this soup is no exception. It combines traditional Thai ingredients like lemongrass, ginger, and coconut milk to create a fragrant and satisfying broth that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Bangkok.
What sets this Thai Shrimp Soup apart is its adherence to Paleo, Whole30, and Keto guidelines. It’s a fantastic option for those following these dietary approaches, as it’s free from grains, dairy, and refined sugars. With the inclusion of shrimp, a lean and protein-packed seafood choice, this soup makes for a nourishing and satisfying meal.
Whether you’re embracing a Paleo, Whole30, or Keto lifestyle or simply seeking a flavorful and health-conscious dish, this Thai Shrimp Soup is sure to impress. It’s quick to prepare, making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or a cozy weekend meal.
In this blog post, we’ll share a fantastic recipe for Thai Shrimp Soup that aligns with Paleo, Whole30, and Keto diets. You’ll learn how to infuse the soup with the vibrant flavors of Thailand while keeping it in line with your dietary goals. Get ready to savor the exotic aromas and indulge in a bowl of healthy and delicious Thai Shrimp Soup that will transport you to the heart of Southeast Asia.
|Prep Time: 7 minutes||Cook Time: 23 minutes||Course: Dinner|
|Cuisine: Asian, dinner, Paleo, soup, takeout, thai, Whole30||Keywords: low carb, paleo, shrimp, soup, thai, whole30||Servings: 6 servings|
Ingredients of Thai Shrimp Soup
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp minced lemongrass MInce the inner part of one stalk
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth (check ingredients for Whole30}
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 14 oz cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 8 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced1 lb
- medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- Zest of one lime grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice about 1 lime
- Sea salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Scallions for garnish
Instructions for Making Delicious Thai Shrimp Soup
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until fragrant, then stir in the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste and cook for one minute.
- Pour the broth into the pot while stirring continuously, then stir in the fish sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and stir, then add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until no longer translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime zest and juice and season with salt to taste. Serve garnished with cilantro, sliced scallions and lime wedges.
Nutrition Information of Thai Shrimp Soup Recipe
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 1267mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 394IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 5mg