Are you a fan of surf and turf? If so, you’ll love this dish – Steak with Shrimp & Lobster Sauce. It’s a delicious and decadent meal that’s perfect for special occasions or just when you’re in the mood for something indulgent. In this blog post, we’ll be diving into the ingredients, cooking process, and serving suggestions for this mouthwatering dish. So get ready to impress your taste buds with this savory and luxurious steak with shrimp and lobster sauce!
How to Make Steak WITH/Shrimp and Lobster Sauce
Tender, juicy filet mignon topped with shrimp and lobster cream sauce.
|PREP TIME: 10minutes mins||COOK TIME: 25minutes mins||TOTAL TIME: 35minutes mins|
|COURSE: dinner, Main Course||CUISINE: American||SERVINGS: 2 people|
INGREDIENTS OF STEAK WITH/SHRIMP AND LOBSTER SAUCE
- 2 8-10 oz. filet mignon steaks 1 1/2 – 2 inches thick
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves
Shrimp & Lobster Sauce
- 2 medium lobster tails shell removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off
- all-purpose seasoning salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder,
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING PERFECT STEAK WITH/SHRIMP AND LOBSTER SAUCE
- On a cutting board or mat, season steak on each side with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add tbsp. of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the steaks to the skillet and press down. Once the steak has cooked for 2 minutes, add butter, garlic cloves, and thyme sprigs to the skillet. After the steak has cooked for an additional 3 minutes, using tongs, flip and cook on the other side for 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, and spoon butter over the steak. Continue to do this until the temperature is 5 degrees less than the desired temperature on an instant-read thermometer. See notes below for steak doneness temperatures. The steak will cook an additional 5 degrees while it rests.
- Let steak rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Shrimp & Lobster Cream Sauce
- In a bowl, season shrimp with all-purpose seasoning. Do not over-season. The shrimp is already flavorful.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil and 1 tbsp. of butter over medium heat. Sear shrimp for 2 minutes on one side, then flip and sear for 1 minute. Remove and set aside. Add 1 tbsp. of butter skillet, then add lobster Sauté lobster until it turns pink in color. Shouldn’t take no longer than 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 6 tbsp. of butter to skillet. When the butter starts to melt, add white wine and clam juice. Let the mixture come to a simmer. Slowly whisk in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent boiling over. The sauce will reduce and thicken. Taste and add more salt if you feel it needs it.
- Stir in shrimp and lobster and let simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on top of cooked steak.
STEAK WITH/SHRIMP AND LOBSTER SAUCE RECIPE’S NOTES
- Medium rare: 130 – 135 degrees F
- Medium: 140 – 145 degrees F
- Medium well: 145-150 degrees F
- Well done: 160 and up