Snickers Poke Cake is a delightful chocolate cake that’s poked full of holes, with a scrumptious caramel sauce drizzled all over it!
Get ready for a delightful treat! This Snickers poke cake is not only easy to make with just five ingredients, but it also combines the best of both worlds: chocolate poke cake and tres leches. So if you’re a fan of chocolate, tres leches cake, or Snickers, you’re definitely in for a sweet surprise with this cake.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 30 minutes|
|Total Time: 40 minutes||Servings: 12|
- 15.25-ounce box Devil’s food cake mix
- ingredients needed to make the cake: eggs, oil, and water
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 3 Snickers candy bars
- 8-ounce tub of whipped topping (Cool Whip) (thawed)
- chocolate and caramel syrup (for topping, optional)
- Prepare a 15.25-ounce box of devil’s food cake mix along with the ingredients needed to make the cake: eggs, oil, and water according to box directions for a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, begin poking holes into the cake, using a fork. You want the holes big enough for the caramel sauce to get down into.
- Pour 1 jar caramel ice cream topping over warm cake (make sure to aim for the holes.)
- Using the back of a spoon or an offset spatula, spread sauce and gently push it down into the holes.
- Let the cake cool completely before moving on to the next step. Once the cake is cooled, start preparing the topping.
- Chop up 3 Snickers candy bars into bite-size pieces. Add chopped Snickers to an 8-ounce tub of whipped topping (Cool Whip). Stir well.
- Then spread the topping onto the cooled cake.
- Drizzle cake with chocolate and caramel syrup. Then slice and serve!
- Any chocolate cake mix flavor will work for this cake.
- Instead of Cool Whip Whipped Topping, you can make homemade whipped cream. Just whisk together 2 cups (1 pint) of heavy whipping cream with 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and whip until soft peaks begin to form. Then proceed with the recipe as written.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 303mg | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 3.2mg