If you’re a food enthusiast who loves Mexican cuisine or someone looking to add a little zest to your dinner repertoire, you’re in for a treat. In this blog post, we’ll explore a range of tantalizing chicken burrito recipes that will make your taste buds dance with delight.
Chicken burritos are a fantastic fusion of flavors, combining tender chicken, vibrant spices, and an array of mouthwatering ingredients, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla. Whether you prefer a classic recipe or are eager to experiment with new flavors, we’ve got you covered.
Throughout this post, we’ll showcase a variety of chicken burrito recipes to suit every palate and dietary preference. From savory grilled chicken burritos to spicy shredded chicken creations, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure your culinary success.
Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or a beginner in the kitchen, our aim is to make these recipes accessible and enjoyable for everyone. So, gather your ingredients, sharpen your knives, and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure filled with flavor, texture, and the delightful aroma of sizzling chicken.
Get ready to unleash your inner chef and indulge in the delectable world of chicken burritos. Let’s dive in and discover a collection of recipes for chicken burritos that will have you saying “¡Delicioso!” in no time.
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipes
This recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl is packed with flavor and so easy to make. Boneless, skinless chicken breast, Mexican rice, black beans, and tomatoes with Mexican spices. It’s so delicious and the best part is, everything cooks right in the Instant Pot. This better-than-take-out burrito bowl is going to become a family favorite.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of uncooked extra-long grain rice
- 1 14.5 oz can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 1/4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of reduced fat Colby jack Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and pepper
- freshly diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- sour cream
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to Instant Pot and hit Saute button, then hit Adjust button to set it to More.
- Season diced chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Once the oil is hot, add chicken to the pot in two batches to encourage browning.
- Once the chicken is browned, add onions and cook until they start to soften.
- Add an additional tablespoon of olive oil and uncooked rice and toast uncooked rice for about 2 minutes or just until some grains start to turn golden brown. Don’t skip this step. Rice needs to be toasted.
- Stir in black beans, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and cumin. Once the liquid is added, use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pot to prevent burn notice.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid in place and set it to Manual, High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use Quick Pressure Release, and once the pressure pin drops, open Instant Pot and fluff Chicken Burrito Bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle with cheese, recover, and let set for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, green onions, sour cream, and guacamole.
Chicken Wet Burrito Recipe
Chicken Wet Burritos are an absolute delight for Mexican food lovers! These flavorful creations take the classic chicken burrito to a whole new level of deliciousness. Imagine succulent, tender chicken nestled inside a warm tortilla, generously smothered with a rich and savory sauce, and topped with a medley of melted cheese and fresh toppings.
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 (8-ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounces) can be chopped green chilies (drained)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can of refried beans
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 (10-ounce) can of enchilada sauce
- 1 (18 ounces) jar of home-style beef gravy
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- sliced black olives
- chopped tomatoes
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in shredded chicken, tomato sauce, green chilies, and chicken broth. Cook until heated through. In a medium saucepan warm the refried beans. In another medium saucepan, combine enchilada sauce and home-style beef gravy. Heat until almost boiling.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. To assemble the burritos- on each tortilla layer ¼ cup of refried beans and ¼ of the chicken mixture. Fold the sides of the burrito in, then roll from the other sides until you have a package formed. Place seam side down in a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Pour about ¾ of the sauce mixture over the burritos in the baking dish and top with shredded Colby-jack cheese. Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the burritos are heated through.
- Spoon leftover sauce over the top of the burritos while serving. Serve with any of the toppings of your choice.
Taco Bell Chicken Burrito Recipe
The Taco Bell Chicken Burrito is an absolute delight! From the first bite to the last, this culinary masterpiece brings together the perfect combination of flavors, textures, and ingredients. The tender and succulent chicken, combined with the warm and soft tortilla, create a harmonious balance that is simply irresistible.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (8-ounce) cans of tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 (10 inches) flour tortillas
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1/8 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- In a blender combine avocado, ranch dressing, buttermilk, salt, and sour cream. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a bowl, mix tomato sauce, white vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Add the tomato sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165°F).
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred using two forks. Return the chicken to the pan with the sauce and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the rice and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, zest and lime juice, cilantro, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 15-16 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the rice to sit covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave. Spread a thin layer of ranch dressing down the center of a tortilla. Layer some of the chicken over the ranch, put some of the rice over the chicken, and top with cheddar cheese. Roll up the burrito. Repeat until all of the burritos are rolled up.