As a professional food blogger and avid cooking enthusiast, I can’t help but share my excitement for this remarkable dish. The marriage of tender chicken cutlets with the vibrant sun-dried tomato cream sauce is a culinary symphony that will leave your taste buds singing with joy.
Chicken Cutlets with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce is a recipe that combines simplicity with elegance, resulting in a dish that tantalizes your taste buds and satisfies your culinary cravings. From the perfectly cooked chicken cutlets to the luscious sun-dried tomato cream sauce, every element of this recipe has been thoughtfully designed to create a dining experience that is both comforting and sophisticated.
Let’s talk about some additional tips and tricks to ensure your Chicken Cutlets with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce turn out perfectly every time. Firstly, when preparing the chicken cutlets, it’s important to ensure they are evenly sized for consistent cooking. You can place the chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them with a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy pot until they reach the desired thickness. This will not only tenderize the meat but also create an ideal surface area for absorbing the flavors of the sauce.
When it comes to sautéing the chicken cutlets, I recommend using a large skillet or frying pan to accommodate all the cutlets without overcrowding. This allows for even browning and ensures that each piece cooks through to perfection. The flavorful oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes adds a lovely depth to the chicken as it sizzles away in the pan. The result is golden-brown cutlets with a mouthwatering aroma that fills your kitchen.
Now, let’s delve further into the star of the show—the sun-dried tomato cream sauce. As you simmer the sun-dried tomatoes in the same pan, their concentrated flavor infuses the sauce, creating a rich and velvety texture. The creamy base of the sauce beautifully balances the tanginess of the tomatoes, resulting in a harmonious blend that coats the chicken cutlets with pure indulgence.
For those curious about customization options, feel free to experiment with additional ingredients to personalize the dish to your liking. If you enjoy a touch of heat, consider adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of cayenne pepper to the sauce. Fresh herbs such as basil or parsley can also be finely chopped and sprinkled over the finished dish for a burst of freshness and vibrant color.
Now let’s address the ever-important issue of leftovers. If you happen to have any chicken cutlets with sun-dried tomato cream sauce remaining (though it’s hard to resist devouring them all), they make an excellent filling for sandwiches or wraps the next day. Simply layer them on crusty bread or wrap them in a tortilla with some crisp lettuce and sliced tomatoes for a satisfying lunchtime treat.
Chicken Cutlets with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce Recipe
|Active Time: 20 mins||Total Time: 20 mins||Servings:4|
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- ½ cup slivered oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1 tablespoon oil from the jar
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat sun-dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and shallots to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to high and add wine. Cook, scraping up any browned bits, until the liquid has mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream, any accumulated juices from the chicken, and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and parsley.
Calories: 324 | Fat: 19g | Carbs: 8g | Protein: 25g