Get ready for a delightful culinary adventure with this amazing recipe! Imagine tender chicken, wrapped in savory prosciutto and baked to perfection in the oven. But that’s not all—the chicken is accompanied by the sweetness of Honeycrisp apples, the aromatic roasted garlic, and the delightful crunch of crispy sage. And to take it to the next level, everything is generously coated in a luscious pan sauce made with white wine and cider. Trust me, it’s a combination that will make your taste buds dance with joy!
The best part? This recipe is incredibly easy to make. You only need one skillet, 30 minutes of your time, and of course, fresh ingredients. So gather everything you need and let’s get started on creating this simple, comforting, and unbelievably delicious crispy prosciutto chicken. Get ready to impress yourself and your loved ones with this mouthwatering dish!
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 20 minutes|
|Total Time: 30 minutes||Servings: 4|
- 4 chicken cutlets, or 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 teaspoons apple butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or 4 thin slices of gouda cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 small shallots, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1-2 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 10-12 wedges
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe skillet with olive oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spread each cutlet with 1 tsp apple butter, then top with cheese. Wrap 2 pieces of prosciutto around each cutlet. Transfer the chicken to the prepared skillet. Arrange the shallots, garlic, and apples around the chicken. Add the rosemary and thyme. Drizzle olive oil over the apples, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Switch the oven to broil Remove the apples from the skillet to a plate. Return the chicken to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the prosciutto is crisp. WATCH CLOSELY. Remove from the oven and place the chicken on the plate with the apples.
- Place the skillet with the shallots and garlic over medium heat. Add the butter and sage. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the butter is browned and the sage crisp. Remove the sage from the skillet and add to the plate with the chicken.
- To the skillet, add the wine and cider. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes, until reduced by half. Slide the chicken and apples back into the skillet, and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken topped with apples. Drizzle over any pan sauce. Top with fried sage. Serve alongside rice pilaf. Enjoy!