Get ready to fall in love with your new go-to appetizer: Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls! Bursting with flavor and scrumptiousness, this simple recipe is perfect for satisfying your taste buds.
In our home, we adore anything even slightly resembling Chinese cuisine. While traditional egg rolls are fantastic, I can’t resist the temptation of these mouthwatering Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls. Imagine the crispy, golden exterior filled with the irresistible taste of a classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich – it’s a match made in heaven, right?
Whether you’re searching for a fresh recipe to enjoy or planning a New Year’s Eve celebration, this delightful appetizer is sure to be a hit!
|PREP TIME: 45 minutes||COOK TIME: 6 minutes||COURSE: Appetizer, Appetizers|
|CUISINE: American||SERVINGS: 16|
- 2 lbs Rib eye steak, cooked, chopped into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 pieces provolone cheese, diced
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Add seasoning to rib-eye steaks, place into a large sealable baggie, add Worcestershire sauce, and marinate for 30+ minutes.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium/high heat until melted.
- Remove steaks from baggie and place into hot skillet.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil and bake at 400° for 15 minutes, turning 1/2 way through.
- Heat additional butter in skillet until melted and saute bell pepper and onions until onions are translucent and bell peppers have softened. Remove from heat.
- Cut steaks into small pieces and add them back to the skillet with peppers and onions. Stir.
- Add diced provolone cheese into a skillet, and stir.
Making The Egg Rolls
- Take one egg roll wrapper at a time, moisten around all edges with water, and add a couple of heaping tablespoons of mixture into the center of the wrapper (the wrapper is diagonal).
- Start out by folding both outer edges inward over the mixture, next, fold the bottom edge up over the mixture, and finally, roll to seal.
- Continue until all meat mixture has been used.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat to 350 degrees.
- Carefully add a few egg rolls at a time into hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Carefully remove from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Continue frying until all egg rolls have been cooked.
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce.