Pan Seared Steak: Have you ever wanted to make a restaurant-quality steak dinner without all the hassle? Now you can with this delicious pan seared steak recipe in a creamy Cajun shrimp sauce. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you’ll have a restaurant-worthy meal in no time at all. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner looking to whip up a restaurant-style dinner for your family, this pan seared steak recipe is sure to please. Ready to learn how to make this delicious dish? Read on for all the details and step-by-step instructions!
Ingredients Needed to Make Pan Seared Steak in a Creamy Cajun Shrimp Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound steak (such as strip loin, rib eye, etc.)
- cajun seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Instruction on How to Make a Perfect Steak in Creamy Cajun Shrimp Sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the steaks, seasoned with cajun seasoning to taste, and sear until lightly browned on both sides and cooked to the desired level of doneness, before setting aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter, and let it melt before adding the shrimp and cooking until just pink on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon as the broth sizzles.
- Add the cream, mix in the Dijon mustard and cajun seasoning, bring to a boil, and let simmer for a minute.
- Mix in the cheese and let it melt into the sauce.
- Mix in the lemon juice, parsley, and shrimp, and serve over the steaks!
- Nutrition Facts: Calories 668, Fat 55g (Saturated 26g, Trans 1g), Cholesterol 243mg, Sodium 532mg, Carbs 6g (Fiber 0.5g, Sugars 2g), Protein 35g
Calories 668, Fat 55g (Saturated 26g, Trans 1g), Cholesterol 243mg, Sodium 532mg, Carbs 6g (Fiber 0.5g, Sugars 2g), Protein 35g