Lavender Vanilla Bean French Beignets are a sensory delight, blending the exquisite flavors of lavender and vanilla into a symphony of taste and aroma. Each bite is a journey to the streets of Paris, where the art of pastry-making is celebrated with passion. With their irresistible flavors, delicate textures, and captivating presentation, these beignets are sure to captivate the palates of even the most discerning food lovers.
Indulge in the magic of Lavender Vanilla Bean French Beignets today and treat yourself to an unforgettable culinary experience!
How to Make This Recipe
|Prep Time: 30 minutes||Cook Time: 25 minutes|
|Rising Time: 1 hour 30 minutes||Total Time: 55 minutes|
Lavender Vanilla Bean Icing:
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- scrapings from 1 large vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk I used almond
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Lavender Vanilla Bean Cream:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew yogurt
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup prepared lavender icing from above
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk lukewarm (I used almond)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- First, make your icing and filling, Whisk together the ingredients for the icing in a medium bowl until smooth. and set aside. Combine yogurt and butter in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat together until creamed and fluffy. Add cream and 1/2 cup of icing then mix until combined. Cover and place the mixture into the fridge until ready for it.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if done by hand), dissolve yeast in water and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes until bubbly. Stir in coconut milk and sugar, then salt until combined. Add flour a cup at a time until it comes together into a smooth dough. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap, and place in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours. (Alternatively, you can refrigerate the dough overnight.)
- When dough is ready divide it in half. Roll one half out into a square, roughly 10×10, and cut into 16 squares. Place the squares on a tray and allow them to rise for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a large high-sided pan to 350 degrees F (180 C) and line a plate with paper towels. Drop dough squares, a few at a time, gently into the oil and fry on each side for about 30 seconds or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared plate.
- Now fill a pastry bag fitted with a long narrow tip with the lavender cream and pipe into the centers then spread about 1 tablespoon of icing on top of each. Serve asap.