Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is a fast one-pot weeknight recipe made with sliced flank steak in a delicious ginger-garlic sauce. It’s an easy pressure cooker version of PF Changs popular beef dish.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe: This is one of our go-to weeknight dinner recipes because it’s ready in 30 minutes, is mostly hands-off, and is jam-packed with rich Asian flavors. Serve it with white rice for a complete meal without any stress.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT MONGOLIAN BEEF
A pressure cooker version of PF Changs popular Mongolian beef recipe. This Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is made with thinly sliced flank steak, then cooked in a lightly sweet, garlic ginger sauce until tender. Plus, it’s ready in about 30 minutes!
YIELD: 6 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 12 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME: 8 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4″ strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned – do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set a timer for 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn the pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When the valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, whisking until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
Calories: 415 | Total Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1261mg | Carbohydrates: 25g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 20g | Protein: 44g