Hey there, food lovers! Today, I have a mouthwatering recipe to share with you. It’s a quick and easy garlic butter shrimp that is not only incredibly delicious but also super simple to make. So, if you’re ready, let’s dive right into the recipe!
But before we get started, let me remind you that you can find more amazing and delicious food recipes, follow this Flipboard magazine “FOODIELIFE“. Now, let’s talk about the fantastic ingredients we’ll be using.
Quick and Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- 30-35 large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon old bay
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon juice
- To begin, we’ll start by seasoning our shrimp. I personally like to leave the tails on because they add a nice visual appeal when plating the dish. Mix all the dry seasonings together in a bowl, giving them a good stir. Once combined, add the seasoning mixture to the shrimp and mix thoroughly, ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Now comes the interesting part. We’re going to sprinkle cornstarch over the seasoned shrimp and use our hands to mix it in. The cornstarch will give the shrimp a delightful crunch and texture that you’re sure to love. Trust me, this unconventional method is a game-changer for making crispy shrimp.
- Next, heat a skillet on your stovetop and drizzle it with a little olive oil to prevent the butter from burning. Once the skillet is hot, add the unsalted butter. The olive oil will create a perfect environment for frying the shrimp without scorching the butter. Now, carefully place the shrimp in the sizzling skillet. Remember not to overcook the shrimp as rubbery shrimp is nobody’s favorite. Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side, allowing them to develop a lovely golden crust. Just wait until you see how crispy they turn out—the cornstarch does wonders!
- Once the shrimp are cooked, set them aside and repeat the process if you’re cooking a larger batch. Now, it’s time to prepare the garlic butter sauce. In the same skillet, melt some unsalted butter. Feel free to use salted butter if you prefer. Add freshly minced garlic cloves for that authentic garlic flavor. Trust me, using real garlic cloves instead of minced garlic makes a world of difference in taste.
- As the garlic becomes fragrant and turns a golden brown color, squeeze in some fresh lemon juice to brighten up the flavors. Then, toss the shrimp back into the skillet, coating them thoroughly with the heavenly garlic butter sauce. The aroma in your kitchen at this point is simply irresistible!
- Finally, garnish the dish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley for a beautiful presentation. And voila! Your delicious quick and easy garlic butter shrimp is ready to be devoured. The combination of flavors—garlic, butter, and perfectly crispy shrimp—is absolutely divine.
I hope you enjoy preparing and savoring this recipe as much as I do. Don’t forget to share this post if you loved it. I’d love to welcome you personally in the comments section.
Until next time, happy cooking, foodies!