I’m so excited to share with you my favorite 7 layer salad recipe that’s both delicious and nutritious! The homemade creamy dressing, crumbled bacon bits, and shredded cheddar cheese adds a burst of flavor to the amazing veggies hidden within this salad. It’s like a Trojan horse of culinary magic!
This salad is perfect for feeding your hungry crowd during Easter or even as a side dish in warm weather months. What sets this salad apart from others is how it’s served in a big glass bowl, showcasing its beautiful layers of vegetables. Unlike traditional mixed salads, each ingredient in this recipe is layered to perfection.
What I absolutely love about this recipe is that it feeds six people, making it ideal for family gatherings or parties. Another great aspect is that it’s an excellent way to get your kids to eat their greens without even realizing it! With lettuce, cauliflower, tomato, onions, and peas all blended together in one scrumptious dish, your little ones will be begging for seconds before they even realize how healthy it is.
So why not give it a try? This healthy, festive salad is sure to impress your guests and leave everyone feeling satisfied and nourished.
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes||Servings: 6 servings|
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 2 (10-ounce) containers of grape tomatoes cut in half
- 8 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag of frozen petite green peas thawed
- 1 small red onion
- 1 (16-ounce) bag of cauliflower rice
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- In a large glass bowl, layer all the salad ingredients, in the order listed, one at a time in rows.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth. Spread the dressing over the top layer of salad, sealing the edges. Sprinkle the top with cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Toss and serve.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 917kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 80g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 344mg | Sodium: 1413mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3625IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 367mg | Iron: 1.7mg