Prepare your taste buds for the bold and flavorful Chimichurri sauce. Made with parsley, oregano, olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper, white wine vinegar, minced garlic, and crushed red peppers, this sauce is a fragrant powerhouse. It’s a staple on the menus of steak houses worldwide, and for a good reason – the fresh, zingy flavors beautifully complement the richness of the steak. If you’re a fan of fresh herbs, this sauce will surely win you over.
How to Make Chimichurri
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley no stems
- ½ Cup Fresh Oregano no stems
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers
- See our Beef Temperature Chart for helpful tips on cooking any cut of beef!
- Finely mince the parsley and oregano.
½ Cup Fresh Oregano,1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
1 ½ Cups Fresh Parsley,½ Cup Fresh Oregano,1 teaspoon Sea Salt,1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Pepper,1 ½ Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar,½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic,¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers,⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the top of each steak. Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t want a spicy chimichurri sauce, you can leave out the crushed red pepper.
Calories: 749kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 53g | Sodium: 2394mg | Potassium: 863mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8149IU | Vitamin C: 122mg | Calcium: 529mg | Iron: 15mg