Herby Couscous Stuffed Eggplant Rolls – As a passionate food blogger, I can confidently tell you that these Herby Couscous Stuffed Eggplant Rolls are an absolute must-try. The level of flavor that is packed into each and every bite is truly outstanding.
These rolls make for a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in various ways. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch, a tasty appetizer, or a satisfying dinner with a refreshing salad on the side, these rolls will not disappoint. Their exquisite flavors and textures are sure to delight your taste buds.
The combination of grilled eggplant, creamy tahini sauce, and cauliflower couscous, which is generously infused with fresh herbs, creates a mouthwatering experience that’s simply irresistible. From the richness of the tahini sauce to the earthiness of the eggplant and the freshness of the herbs, every single ingredient works together in perfect harmony to create a symphony of flavors.
If you have any dietary restrictions, don’t worry – these rolls have got you covered. They are Whole30, Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Keto, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal. This means that everyone, regardless of their dietary needs, can indulge in these delicious rolls without worrying about compromising their health goals.
Preparing these rolls is also surprisingly easy. You’ll need to grill the eggplant until it’s tender, then mix up the herby couscous filling before rolling everything up into the eggplant slices. It’s a simple yet impressive dish that can be whipped up in no time.
How to Make this Recipe
|PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 12 mins|
|TOTAL TIME: 32 mins||SERVINGS: 10 Rolls|
- 2 eggplants
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Couscous filling*
- 2 cups cauliflower rice approximately half a head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 red onion or 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
Tahini & Lemon Sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey or other sweetener
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat or alternatively preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1cm thick slices. Brush each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill the slices for approximately 3 minutes per side until golden in color and tender. Alternatively lay the slices on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes per side.
- While the eggplant is cooking, heat 1/2 tsp of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add in the cauliflower rice and sauté for 5 minutes until softened. Transfer the cauliflower couscous to a bowl and put it in the fridge to cool.
- Once the cauliflower couscous is cool, stir in the parsley, mint, pine nuts, and chopped onion. In a small bowl whisk together the 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic, and then pour over the couscous and stir.
- In a bowl whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, and crushed garlic. Add approximately 1 tbsp of water and continue to whisk until a smooth sauce forms.
- To assemble the rolls place 1 to 2 spoonfuls of the couscous at the wider end of the eggplant slice and roll up. Repeat with the remaining slices.
- To serve drizzle the rolls with the tahini & lemon sauce and sprinkle with any additional parsley or pine nuts.
* if not on a dairy-free, paleo, vegan diet, feta is a great addition to the couscous filling. Crumble up approximately 1/3 cup of feta and add it in.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg