Are you looking for a hearty and comforting meal that will warm you up from the inside out? Look no further than this creamy chicken noodle soup recipe that’s sure to satisfy your cravings. With its delicious pot pie feel, this soup is a perfect dish for any chilly night or lazy weekend afternoon.
To make things even easier, we call for a rotisserie chicken in this recipe, which will help streamline your prep time. Just be sure to pick a nice big one with plenty of breast meat on it to make the most of the flavor. And if you’re looking for a little extra nutrition, pair this comforting soup with a green salad to add some leafy greens to your meal.
Whether you’re cooking for yourself, your family, or a group of friends, this creamy chicken noodle soup is sure to impress with its rich and savory flavor. So grab your apron and get ready to whip up a delicious and satisfying meal that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup with Rotisserie Chicken
|Active Time: 30 mins||Total Time: 30 mins|
|Servings: 8||Yield: 10 cups|
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (from 1 large onion)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (from 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup chopped celery (from 2 large stalks)
- 1 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces uncooked whole-wheat egg noodles
- 3 cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken breast (from 2 rotisserie chickens)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, and salt and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are slightly softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to coat. Stir in broth and milk and let the mixture come to a boil. Add uncooked noodles to the boiling mixture.
- Cover and cook until noodles are al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and peas and cook until pasta reaches desired doneness and chicken and peas are warmed through, about 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.