Today, I am thrilled to share with you a collection of delectable party appetizer that is not only easy to prepare but will also satiate the appetites of a hungry crowd.
When it comes to hosting a gathering, one of the key aspects to consider is the menu. And what better way to kick off a party than with some irresistible Buffalo Chicken Bites (I called it BCB)? These little bites of heaven are the epitome of finger-licking goodness. Picture this: tender chunks of succulent chicken, coated in a zesty buffalo sauce, and then baked to crispy perfection. The combination of spicy and tangy flavors creates a taste explosion that will leave your guests craving for more.
What makes these Buffalo Chicken Bites perfect for entertaining is their versatility. They can be served as a mouthwatering appetizer before the main course or as a crowd-pleasing snack during game nights. Plus, they are incredibly simple to make! With just a handful of ingredients and a few easy steps, you can whip up a batch of these delectable bites in no time.
What are Buffalo Chicken Bites?
Buffalo chicken bites are a popular snack or appetizer in American cuisine. It consists of bite-sized pieces of chicken coated in a spicy buffalo sauce. The buffalo sauce is typically made from a combination of hot sauce and butter. It may also include other ingredients such as garlic, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bites
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 13 minutes||Dough Resting: 1 hour|
|Total Time: 1 hour 28 minutes||Servings: 20 Bites||Calories: 70kcal|
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (Frank’s brand is what I used)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rapid-rise dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup warm milk ( I used 2%)
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- To make the buffalo chicken mixture, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, melted butter, and hot sauce; set aside.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, heat the milk and then add the 2 tablespoons brown sugar; stir into warm milk until dissolved; place in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
- Add 2 1/2 cups flour and yeast to the stand mixer and mix on low speed until a soft dough forms, adding up to 1/2 cup additional flour, a little at a time, if necessary.
- Allow the dough to knead in the stand mixer for 5-7 minutes. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead a few times to form a smooth ball.
- Place dough into a clean bowl that’s been lightly oiled.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a draft-free place at warm room temperature until doubled and bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 4 equal pieces. Lightly dust your hands with flour, then gently roll and stretch 1 piece of dough to form a 12-inch-long rope.
- Flatten the dough and arrange it so a long side is nearest you, then roll out to a roughly 12- by 4-inch rectangle with a lightly floured rolling pin. Gently press one-fourth of the buffalo chicken mixture into the lower third of the rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the bottom edge.
- Stretch the bottom edge of the dough up over the filling and press tightly to seal, then roll up as tightly as possible to form a rope.
- Cut rope into 12 pieces and transfer to a sheet pan. Make 3 more ropes with remaining dough, fill, and cut into pieces, transferring to sheet pans.
- Let rest at room temperature, uncovered, for 30 minutes (dough will rise slightly).
- Bake buffalo chicken bites in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven (some cheese may have melted out.) and brush tops with melted butter before serving (optional).
Calories: 344 kcal | Sugar: 1 g | Sodium: 966 mg | Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fat: 9 g | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 15 g | Cholesterol: 53 mg