Are you in the mood for a dessert that is both visually stunning and incredibly easy to make? Look no further than the irresistible Custard Berry Trifle! This delightful dessert layers luscious custard, juicy berries, and tender cake into a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave you wanting more.
The best part about this trifle is its simplicity. With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can create a dessert that will impress your family and friends.
How to Make Easy Custard Berry Trifle
|Prep: 25 minutes||Cook: 10 minutes||Serves: 6|
- 300ml pure cream
- 300ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest, plus extra zest to serve
- 9 jam mini rolls, cut into 3cm slices
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio kernels
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Combine cream and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to just a simmer.
- Meanwhile, whisk yolks, cornflour, vanilla, and sugar together in a large heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk in the hot cream mixture until smooth.
- Return mixture to cleaned saucepan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until custard thickens and thickly coats the back of a spoon.
- Serve warm or transfer to a glass bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap (to prevent skin from forming). Set aside to cool then refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Stir orange zest through the chilled custard.
- Layer half the jam roll slices on the base of a 2-liter (8-cup) capacity serving dish, pressing the cut surface of the rolls against the glass. Top with one-third of the custard. Layer three-quarters of the strawberries in the custard, pressing halves against the glass, and scatter with three-quarters of the blueberries. Repeat with another one-third of the custard and the remaining jam rolls. Add the remaining custard to the top of the jam rolls.
- Top the trifle with dollops of cream. Scatter with raspberries and remaining strawberries and blueberries, pistachios, and extra orange zest. Cover and refrigerate until required.
Nutrition Information (Per adult serving (334g))
Calories: 712.0 | Energy: 2980.0kJ | Protein: 10.3g | Fat, Total:49.5g | Saturated:29.9g | Carbs, Total: 55.4g | Sugars: 41.7g | Dietary Fibre:3.9g | Sodium:210.0mg