Pork chops in a delightful blackberry sauce are perfect for both casual family dinners and impressive meals when you have guests over!
Do you find yourself preparing pork chops in the same old way every single time? I must admit, I’m guilty of that too. It used to be Shake-N-Bake all the time, without fail.
However, I decided it was time to break free from that routine. Over the past few years, I’ve been experimenting with new methods of preparing pork chops. And let me tell you, it has been quite an adventure! Especially when pork loins are available at such amazing prices, I tend to stock up. I usually buy a whole loin and then cut it into a roast and individual chops. So, with an abundance of pork in my kitchen, I was on the lookout for fresh and exciting recipes to try.
And that’s when I stumbled upon this particular recipe. Let me tell you, it’s a game-changer. Not only does it have a unique and delicious flavor, but it also presents beautifully on the plate. The best part? It’s surprisingly simple to make! Don’t let its fancy appearance fool you.
Give it a try, and I guarantee you’ll impress your loved ones and guests with this amazing pork chops in blackberry sauce dish!
Pork Chops in a Blackberry Sauce
Blackberry pork chops are easy enough for family and fancy enough for guests!
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 20 minutes||Total Time: 30 minutes|
Ingredients Needed to Make Blackberry Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 pork chops about 1-inch bone-in or boneless loin pork chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbs minced onion
- 1/2 cup zinfandel or medium-dry red wine
- 4 cups fresh blackberries divided
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbs sugar more if desired
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Instructions for Making Perfect Blackberry Pork Chops
- Combine the chili powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Rub into chops.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and brown on both sides. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low and cook for 5-7 minutes; remove chops from the pan cover and keep warm.
- Saute the onion in the same pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the wine and scrape up any browned bits.
Add 3 cups of the berries, stock, and sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer for 3 minutes. Coarsely mash the berries then simmer the sauce over low heat until it’s slightly thick—about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining berries and cook until heated through; remove from heat and stir in the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chops back to the pan and serve with the sauce.
Nutrition Information on Blackberry Pork Chops Recipe
Serving: 1pork chop | Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 735mg | Potassium: 876mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1860IU | Vitamin C: 32.4mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.3mg