Are you looking for a light and refreshing salad that’s perfect for gatherings? Look no further than this delicious chicken grape pasta salad with poppy seed dressing!
The combination of tender chicken, juicy grapes, and al dente pasta creates a satisfying texture that’s sure to please your taste buds. And the poppy seed dressing adds a tangy sweetness that perfectly complements the savory flavors of the dish.
One of the great things about this salad is its versatility. It can be served as a main dish for a light lunch or dinner, or as a side dish to complement a heartier meal. Plus, it’s easy to prepare in advance and can be stored in the fridge for several days, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights.
To make this salad, simply cook the pasta according to package instructions, grill or bake the chicken until fully cooked, and then mix everything together with the poppy seed dressing. It’s that easy!
Whether you’re hosting a summer BBQ, packing a picnic, or just looking for a healthy and satisfying meal, this chicken grape pasta salad with poppy seed dressing is sure to impress. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!
How to Make Chicken Grape Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 10
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
Category: Pasta Salads
INGREDIENTS OF CHICKEN GRAPE PASTA SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 6 ounces (170g) farfalle (bowtie) pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup (140g) rotisserie chicken, cut into small pieces*
- ¾ cup (136g) seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup (50g) celery, diced small
- ½ cup (58g) walnut pieces
- ¼ cup (26g) green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup (70g) nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (57.5g) full-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CHICKEN GRAPE PASTA SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop and prepare the salad ingredients.
- Drain the pasta, then rinse with cold water to cool.
- Put the drained, cooled pasta in a large bowl. Add in other salad ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and whisk them together until smooth.
- Pour the dressing into the large bowl with the pasta salad ingredients and mix well to thoroughly coat.
- Chill the pasta salad in the fridge for at least 40 minutes before serving for the dressing flavors to soak in. Stir before serving to mix in any sauce that settled to the bottom.
NUTRITION INFORMATION ON CHICKEN GRAPE PASTA SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING RECIPE
Calories: 450 | Sugar: 16.2 g | Sodium: 273.7 mg | Fat: 22.2 g | Carbohydrates: 50.2 g | Protein: 16.5 g | Cholesterol: 28.8 mg