Caramelized onion mushroom Swiss stuffed chicken breasts – Imagine sinking your teeth into succulent chicken breasts filled with a medley of caramelized onions, earthy mushrooms, and melty Swiss cheese. The combination of sweet, savory, and creamy notes is a culinary dream come true. Don’t worry if you’re not a master chef – this dish is far simpler than it looks, making it perfect for both novice cooks and seasoned kitchen wizards.
The secret to achieving the mouthwatering flavor profile lies in the caramelized onions. As they slowly cook, their natural sugars caramelize, creating a rich and complex taste that perfectly complements the earthy mushrooms and creamy Swiss cheese. The chicken breasts serve as a delicious canvas, encasing these flavor-packed ingredients and sealing in all the goodness.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply want to elevate your weeknight dinner routine, these caramelized onion mushroom Swiss stuffed chicken breasts are sure to impress. So, let’s dive into the recipe and unlock a world of culinary delight that will have your friends and family begging for seconds. Get ready to take your chicken game to a whole new level!
Caramelized Onion Mushroom Swiss Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Stuffed with flavorful caramelized onions, mushrooms, and gooey Swiss cheese, these stuffed chicken breasts are WAY easier than they look and the perfect way to up your chicken game!
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 20 minutes|
|Total Time: 35 minutes||Servings: 3 servings|
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb chicken breasts (3 medium ones)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, caramelize sliced onions in 1 tablespoon butter until a deep golden brown, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes) Stir in mushrooms, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste, cooking an additional 5-8 minutes until mushrooms are softened. Set aside
- Cut a slit in each chicken breast about 2/3 through. In a small bowl, combine paprika, salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Rub spice mixture on both sides of each breast. Fill each breast pocket with onion/mushroom mixture and top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Seal chicken breasts closed and secure them with toothpicks.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter with oil. Sear chicken for 2-3 minutes on both sides until chicken is a deep golden brown. Place skillet in a 375F oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until chicken registers 165F. Remove toothpicks from chicken breasts and serve hot. Enjoy!