Cabbage sautéed with chicken is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. This recipe is not only simple to make, but it’s also packed with flavor and nutrition. The combination of tender chicken and lightly cooked cabbage creates a mouthwatering aroma that will fill your kitchen and have your taste buds tingling with anticipation.
What makes this recipe so special is the way the cabbage is cooked. Instead of boiling or steaming, the cabbage is sautéed in a pan with the chicken, giving it a slightly crispy texture and enhancing its natural sweetness. The dish is then seasoned with a blend of spices and herbs, adding depth and complexity to the flavor profile.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can serve it as a main course with a side of rice or noodles or as a side dish with grilled meats or fish. It’s also a great option for meal prep, as it can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
In this blog post, we’ll be sharing our recipe for cabbage sautéed with chicken, as well as some tips and tricks for making it the best it can be. So, get your pan ready, and let’s get cooking!
How to Make Cabbage Sauteed with Chicken
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hr
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 15 mins
COURSE: Main Course
SERVINGS: 8 servings
CALORIES: 286 kcal
INGREDIENTS OF CABBAGE SAUTEED WITH CHICKEN
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium cabbage
- 2 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ⅔ tsp. salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce optional
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CABBAGE SAUTEED WITH CHICKEN
- Warm up a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and chicken. Fry for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, slice the cabbage into thin strips, just like you would for coleslaw.
- Add the paprika and tomato paste to the chicken. Stir, and then sauté for another five minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for five more minutes.
- Add the shredded carrots, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together. Cook without the lid, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes, until there is no liquid remaining.
- Add 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, if desired. Garnish with fresh parsley.
CABBAGE SAUTEED WITH CHICKEN RECIPE’S NOTES
How to store and reheat
The best thing about this simple recipe is that it stores and reheats well.
Storage is simple in the fact that you just have to add it to a storage container with a lid and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Then, once you’re ready to reheat, you have a couple of different options that you can easily do.
The first option is that you can reheat it low and slow on the stovetop. The second option is to use your microwave and heat it for about 1-2 minutes. Either of these methods is perfectly fine for reheating and eating.
NUTRITION INFORMATION ON CABBAGE SAUTEED WITH CHICKEN
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 379mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3529IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg