Baked Eggs in Ricotta Parmesan Creamed Spinach is a dish that combines simplicity and elegance in one delicious package. With its creamy spinach base and perfectly baked eggs, it’s sure to be a hit at your next brunch or breakfast gathering. So, why not treat yourself to a little culinary indulgence and try this recipe? Your taste buds will thank you for it!
- 5 – 6 eggs
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup shallots, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon herbs de provence
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Toast to serve. And if you’re feeling saucy, add some smoked salmon and extra red chili flakes. Heaven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, mince the garlic, dice the shallot, and get your spinach ready. This comes together quickly, and as always, get yer prep ready before that pan goes on the stove.
- Heat a 10-inch oven-safe pan over medium heat, and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. When the butter has almost melted, add the garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds. Stir in the shallots, herbs de Provence, and chili flakes, and toss to combine. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and toss together to wilt (about 2 minutes). Pour in the cream, and season with salt and pepper. Bring the cream to a simmer and let it bubble away for 5 minutes. It will reduce and thicken.
- Stir in the ricotta, parmesan, and lemon juice, and allow to hang out & melt together (2 minutes).
- Carefully crack in 5 – 6 eggs, and transfer to the preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the whites of the eggs have set.
- Serve immediately.